To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 1:20 PM
Subject: RE: Robert Demachy and Henri Cartier Bresson

Pertinent point John - not sure whether its tongue in cheek though.

An artist friend of mine Yasu Suzuka (http://yasusuzuka.com/kari/ - Japanese site only at present) does a lot of pinhole photography [a thirty year global project] but like many artists he also uses other media - sculpture and paint. The first thing he taught me about art was that it is a means of communication. It doesn't matter whether you use digital photography, film, alternative printing, paint, rocks or garbage [his preferred choice] - the medium is irrelevant, the message is what matters.

Of course if you just want stunning pictures why not set up a battery of digital cameras firing every mute or so - one in a million shots will produce a great digital print at the push of a button....

Geoff Chaplin
ジェフ チャップリン

geoff@geoffgallery.net
www.geoffgallery.net
Skype: geoffchaplin1611
UK mobile (英国の携帯電話): +44(0) 7770 787069
Japan mobile (日本の携帯電話): +81(0) 90 6440 7037
Japan land line / fax (日本の電話とファクス): +81(0) 166 92 5855