U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Anyone did gum on Forex before?

Anyone did gum on Forex before?

  • To: alt-photo-process-L@usask.ca
  • Subject: Anyone did gum on Forex before?
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:06:08 +0200 (EET)

I just had few sample pieces of Forex Smart. The material is pretty
interesting, whiteness and surface is just perfect -> looks very much like
very smooth hot press paper but with a semi-matte/semi-glossy surface. The
surface feels very toothy (micro scale) the touch and it looks like one
could print gum on it w/o any special preparation!

Will try it tonight and report back to the list. If it works, that means I
finally found the holy grail (to me!) of gum on a synthetic / highly
permanent / rigid surface... (Another good news is -> it's very low
density, light but also rigid and hard panel which floats in water.)

Any experience with Forex?