To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: Forex?

Thanks for report, Loris, sorry it didn't work out.  It's funny how
surfaces can fool you.

I've been experimenting with those ceramic floor tiles today.  I was
right in thinking  that they would coat nicely, no problem at all
with the coating -- even and smooth and no fisheyes.   But the
hardened gum won't stay on the tile, just floats off into the water.

My next idea, from a guy at my favorite local art supply house, is to
try a Golden product called "Fine Pumice Gel,"  to provide more tooth
for the hardened gum.  I'm thinking of this rather than the gesso-
pumice blend you guys have already developed, because I want
something that won't obscure the surface and color of the original
tile, and this is supposed to dry clear.  I'll let you know how it
works out.

I looked at alcan's US site and couldn't find anything that fit the
same description as the Forex, but if it didn't work for you,  it's a
moot point anyway.
Katharine