U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Alternative Photography in the Digital Age

Re: Alternative Photography in the Digital Age

Dear Edward,

I don't think it would be too ambitious to try and organise an international event on this - after all one RTPS member has previously done so. As I expect you know, Terry King, Randall Webb and myself were sitting together  in a talk at the RTPS quite a few years ago one evening when an old advertising photographer called Steinbock gave a talk on gum bichromate, which started all of us on different paths. It's a story I've told a number of times, but I don't think Terry mentions it on his web site http://www.hands-on-pictures.com/

Regards,

Peter

Peter Marshall    -    Photographer, Writer: NUJ
petermarshall@cix.co.uk       +44 (0)1784 456474
31 Budebury Rd,  STAINES,  Middx,  TW18 2AZ,  UK
>Re:PHOTO                     http://re-photo.co.uk
My London Diary                  http://mylondondiary.co.uk/
London's Industrial Heritage: http://petermarshallphotos.co.uk/
The Buildings of London etc:  http://londonphotographs.co.uk/
and elsewhere......

Edward Draper wrote:
fe10dd710903260332t24d4e0e9ob2939edce420c9d5@mail.gmail.com" type="cite">Hi There

I have just taken over as President of the Richmond and Twickenham Photographic Society, which is about to celebrate its 120th anniversary

I am a keen alternative photographer indulging in gum, cyanotype and platinum

I do some heavy processing of digital photographs, which I print out in my inkjet printer as large negatives (I can get to A2 and slightly larger)

I then print onto watercolour paper using a light box I've built myself

Can I ask everyone a simple question?

Would there be any interest next year 2010 in a conference or some other "get together" on the topic of "Alternative Photography in the Digital Age"?

If so, what sort of size of an event should I aim for?

What would be the best time of year?

I am keen to try to make it international, am I being too ambitious?

Thank you all in advance

Edward

Dr Edward Draper LRPS
President,  Richmond and Twickenham Photographic Society
www.rtps.org.uk