U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Alternative Photography in the Digital Age

Alternative Photography in the Digital Age

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Alternative Photography in the Digital Age
  • From: Edward Draper <ercdraper@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:32:02 +0000

Hi There

I have just taken over as President of the Richmond and Twickenham Photographic Society, which is about to celebrate its 120th anniversary

I am a keen alternative photographer indulging in gum, cyanotype and platinum

I do some heavy processing of digital photographs, which I print out in my inkjet printer as large negatives (I can get to A2 and slightly larger)

I then print onto watercolour paper using a light box I've built myself

Can I ask everyone a simple question?

Would there be any interest next year 2010 in a conference or some other "get together" on the topic of "Alternative Photography in the Digital Age"?

If so, what sort of size of an event should I aim for?

What would be the best time of year?

I am keen to try to make it international, am I being too ambitious?

Thank you all in advance

Edward

Dr Edward Draper LRPS
President,  Richmond and Twickenham Photographic Society
www.rtps.org.uk