U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: VanDyke developer

Re: VanDyke developer

Borax development is for Kallitypes, no?
True, that's why I am surprised. Development is absolutely needed for kallitype, not for VDB which is a very simple POP process.
Maybe the "developer" will post-amplify the reaction, forming larger
nano-particles (or coagulate the former ones), therefore change the
characteristic color of the print? Does your friend experience any
perceptible difference when "developing" prints?
True again. A print I have seen is more black than the characteristic VanDyke brown.
Alberto