U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: ferric oxalic

Re: ferric oxalic

I just mixed up a fresh supply this week. I heated distilled water to ~130ºF added it to the FO powder, capped and shook the bottle. I then stood the bottle in a water bath at about the same temperature. I was doing other things in my darkroom and would occasionally shake the bottle some more. When I left the darkroom I left the bottle standing in the water bath. The next day the FO was completely dissolved.

Dan Williams

Juan Miguel Jusdado wrote:
Hello to all. Treatment of dissolving ferric oxalato, but he/she is not dissolved. I already know that the oxalato has problem to dissolve. Some method? Once dissolved, should he/she filter the solution? Thank you, excuse for my English, text translated by computer.