U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: ferric oxalate

RE: ferric oxalate

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: ferric oxalate
  • From: EJ Photo <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:45:23 -0500
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Organization:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:Thread-Index;b=Rs0tVwUpTF3i1i4gBgyNMKWmt8+hb3ALDsiT7b4ZVwoqk2Wp8eToEBik4OaJP8q8VKyIbZ+WtwbVaek3pU+i2etK4SmKPWdSw5M/V1HEM7p3YQha1UenL01lhPuEBN107oD3m0yJ79yyhyraCX5WExmrdTuDsncu9XUEVqHgBno= ;

Juan,  That appears to be Iron II oxalate CAS # 6047-25-2. (the CAS # is a
really good way to tell what you have. Do you see a CAS# on the bottle or in
the paper work?

You need Iron III Oxalate (CAS 19469-07-9)

It should read Fe2(C2O4) . 6 H2O
And while some will point out that it may or may not be exact, that will be
what the supplier will put on the bottle.

To your Iron II compound you may be able to add highly concentrated H2O2
Hydrogen Peroxide. But you are probably better of asking the supplier to
resend some Iron III oxalate.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9