U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | green-yellow

green-yellow

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: green-yellow
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:03:31 +0300 (EEST)

Hi Christina,

I was looking at your visual about colors and UV opacity (here:
http://christinaanderson.visualserver.com/Text_page.cfm?pID=2448) and got
confused a little bit. Are those prints from the same process with same
working paramaters and prodecures?

How Green (which is Yellow + Cyan) can hold back more UV than Yellow
alone, where Cyan is a poor UV blocker (slightly denser than Magenta as
seen from your tests)? My experience with 3 different printers taught me
Yellow is the strongest UV blocker among color inks... How come?