U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: green-yellow

Re: green-yellow

I didn't realize that the Green/Blue transparency was the negative of the
Magenta/Yellow transparency. So yes, that's blue not Cyan, thanks for the
clarification.

On the other hand my question still holds -> because it was asked in terms
of printer inks -> not screen colors. If you see Blue on screen you're
actually printing Cyan+Magenta in the printer, so on, so on...

S:Y->P:Y, S:M->P:M,
S:G->P:Y+C, S:B->P:M+C
(S: Screen color/P: Printer inks used to print the color on the screen)

When above is analyzed, it can be seen that Cyan is definitely more opaque
for UV light than Magenta is... (Magenta patch is darker than Blue patch!)

For me, 3 different printers / 3 different inksets and Yellow was always
the most opaque/dense color. (Against Green and others.)

Thanks for the long answer.

9 Nisan 2009, Perşembe, 4:46 pm tarihinde, Christina Z. Anderson yazmış: