U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: green-yellow

Re: green-yellow

Chris,

The "ink grain" from the negative that may show when printing with gelatin silver papers may vary a lot between papers and also surfaces—with matte papers showing the least ink grain.  I have worked with a variety of students who were testing 3-4 new gelatin silver papers because their favorite paper had been taken off the market.  Some papers were just outright ugly and had the strangest H&D curves.  Others were quite beautiful.  In general, the graded papers seemed to work better than the poly-contrast papers.  One paper that seemed to work very well and was quite beautiful was Bergger Silver Supreme.