To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: green-yellow

FWIW, it is very instructive to print out the QTR ink limits test and
graph the UV transmission density versus ink percentage for each ink
on a single graph. When I did this for my printers, the 'aha' moment
came when I realized that certain combinations of ink colors are going
to be more prone to the graininess effect that is sometimes observed
in the highlight areas of prints. In particular, the green color that
I used for a long time combines two colors that are very far apart in
terms of UV transmission density at a given density: i.e. the yellow
and cyan inks. When I constructed profiles using only ink combinations
that are close in terms of UV transmission density, I got some of the
smoothest highlight transitions ever.

Clay