U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: I stand corrected

Re: I stand corrected

The various densities seem to be roughly additive. You will notice that the graphs for each ink and ink percentage are pretty much linear. An equation for each color can be described with a simple a + bx relationship where b is the slope and x is the given percentage. Plug the percentage of each ink and find the predicted density for each color. Add them all up and you will get a value very close to what is actually seen. This is easy enough to prove for yourself using quadtone RIP since you have direct control over each ink percentage. It's not perfect, but pretty darn close.