U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | I stand corrected

I stand corrected

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: I stand corrected
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:30:55 +0300 (EEST)

I inspected the UV transmission density charts Clay kindly shared, and I
have to correct myself:

Whereas yellow is the densest of all inks - which was one of my points,
this doesn't necessarily mean that it's even denser than combination
colors (such as Y+C -> Green). This is proven by the fact that with Epson
2400 yellow ink gives log 2.47 UV density by itself (according to Clay's
datasheet) whereas I'm pretty sure there are persons using this printer
for processes that require more DR than log 2.47. That proves my second
point (about printer ink limits and yellow being denser than green) wrong!
(So many CDRP tests with so many different processes - especially low ER
processes such as Cyanotype and Gum - got me confused; sorry for the
inconvenience.)