U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: I stand corrected

Re: I stand corrected

And to answer your question, there is no doubt you can get extremely dense negatives from combining colors. For instance, a 60% yellow and 60% cyan mix yield predicted densities of 2.4 and .92 individually on my 7800. Combining the two into a green color will get you a predicted density of 3.32. This is very close to what I actually see. The only joker in the deck here is the total ink percentage. You can see that the above example loads a120% ink load onto the film. This is dangerously large. I like to keep the total ink % in the 60-90% range. Which means that lower percentages of denser inks is the way to go.