U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: super high gloss inkjet paper?

Re: super high gloss inkjet paper?

Mmm. This thought, that inks of the K3 nature, might be different in other countries,
is something to think about. I'm not a fully experienced expert but from what I
understand, the inks were consistent. Now you make me wonder.
For a while, and Im not fully sure of this, now, either, there were primarily just a few
manufacturers of ink-jet papers. Mitsubishi being one. Various surfaces from various
retailers, had different 'emulsions' for the same paper, hence a need for ICC profiles.
But, below, my smart-a** comment was more to say that Etienne's comments were
made in regard to dyes and not pigments. The K3 stuff is pigmented, and, for me,
lies beautifully on the Kodak paper and the Kodak profile is excellent.
Again, however, my take was that the K3 inks were uniformly consistent. I will
check into this.
Jack F