U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Anybody experimented with Argyrotypes?

Re: Anybody experimented with Argyrotypes?

  • To: alt-photo-process-L@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Anybody experimented with Argyrotypes?
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:29:19 +0300 (EEST)

Fernando, I did. What exactly do you want to know?

The first thing to mention is that it's a very picky process when it comes
to paper choices; you have to use the best and purest papers.

Also, it's better to tone the image in gold before fixing, if you value
longevity that is; colloidal silver in paper is pretty vulnerable... And
the color + darkness is beautiful that way. (Pt or Pd toning also is
possible, but, personally, I got best results with gold.)

It's pretty easy to mix the solution - definitely more complex than
Vandykes (if you have to compound silver oxide yourself) but not a big
deal. Mix a volume enough for a couple of months (not longer than 5-6
months), the solution will deteriorate and silver out as time passes.

20 Nisan 2009, Pazartesi, 2:41 am tarihinde, fernando cruz florez yazmış: