U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Anybody experimented with Argyrotypes?

Re: Anybody experimented with Argyrotypes?

  • To: alt-photo-process-L@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Anybody experimented with Argyrotypes?
  • From: fernando cruz florez <fernandocruzf@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:30:09 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;bh=3l7WmwV7hMPxGBzm2Lmb7ysFjjY12CIt6TM2COKV9DM=;b=Cnp3B5v+U06AFKncwemWsLooWMO5TKXvwXZJLbidapygfHc73SnIR4hYaISLcN2smvlM8+2ihGNtMiBeOsj0dmzgcfuztF1AIcx+qv0iVmf+cLb+6VrpynEUouSuiQTxEz5RfqXjUQl5b2kejx3Ukb8Yv3Z8nJFf5BxQln7SwXc=

Thanks again for the quick response...

I have some negatives in black and white which I want to use for an exhibition using this technique (Argyrotype). I've read a couple of books which suggest that this process is more stable than a couple of other processes I was considering. Since you've experimented with this process are there any particular paper types (brands?) which you'd recommed?

I will have to mix the chemicals myself since they're not available pre-made here in Colombia.

I have some experience with the Bichromate Gum process from when I worked in Arte 2 Grafico (an artisanal/crafts workshop - http://artedos.com/ ) but this is the first time I'm experimenting with this particular process and the stability/longevity of the images to be used for the exhibition is very important.

Any other advice would be very welcome and greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Fernando Cruz

--
Fotografía y diseño.