U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Yellow tents and UV (was: outdoor gum demo)

Re: Yellow tents and UV (was: outdoor gum demo)

Oops, my mistake, sorry. Can't say much about that otherwise, since it's (obviously) not a process I've ever done, and I haven't done a great lot of gum printing in the sun either, but when I have, generally when doing a lot of tests that I wanted to get through in a hurry, it was just faster to do it in the sun since an exposure was less than a minute, and not longer at different times of the day or year, always pretty much the same.

At any rate, certainly different processes rely on different wavelengths and respond to radiation differently.

I'm not insisting that there should never be any variation in sun exposure for any process; all I'm arguing is that since UVA doesn't vary directly with UVB, it doesn't make sense to use UVB as a surrogate to determine UVA levels. That's all I'm saying; that's my whole point.
Katharine