To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: Yellow tents and UV (was: outdoor gum demo)

On Apr 22, 2009, at 11:29 AM, Paul Viapiano wrote:

Now, of course, if there is cloud cover then all bets are off...

I say this partly in jest because in my Darkroom 1 book (Lustrum Press), Linda Connor (whose exhibit I've just seen at the CCP in Tucson) said that sometimes she'd leave a POP print out on her back porch for 3 or 4 days!
But that's a gelatin-silver chloride process exposed with visible light, no? Apples and oranges, sorry. Of course if there's not much visible light, it's going to take some time to make a print that depends on visible light. But the amount of visible light isn't a measure of UVA. I've exposed gum prints in the shade in 3 minutes, and no, they weren't underexposed.

kt