U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum over Cyanotypes

Re: Gum over Cyanotypes

Maybe heavier paper will do but the print is pretty small 10x6.6" to
consider thick/heavy paper and those are very expensive to me (= special
order, they don't stock HP 600gsm - only CP 600gsm, and I don't like CP
texture).

The paper is Fabriano Artistico EW HP 300gsm...

This paper is a highly alkaline buffered paper, w/o acid pre-treatment you
can't make it work "satisfactorily" for cyanotypes (or any other iron
process). So I put it in very dilute hydrochloric acid (HCl) to completely
dissolve the calcium carbonate (CaCO3) buffer before making the cyanotype.

28 Nisan 2009, Salı, 11:41 am tarihinde, Jacek Gonsalves yazmış: