U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Gum over Cyanotypes

RE: Gum over Cyanotypes

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Don Bryant wrote:

... After 5 or 6 hours (by that time the water is cold). I'll
pull the sheets and hang to dry completely. After the sheets are dry I will
repeat the process. Over a period of days I will pre-shrink a batch of 100
sheets.

Don, I find your process awesome... but hope you will excuse a question. Have you measured each direction of the paper after the first and then after the second-soak-and-dry ? Not that I could doubt you -- but, still, I'm surprised. I mean what paper would dare even wiggle after this treatment... ?

I also wonder if you shrunk smaller sizes rather than the "parent" sheet (love that term) if you'd get the full shrink first time around?

Judy