U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | regarding platinum toner for argyrotypes and others

regarding platinum toner for argyrotypes and others

Hi all...

Christopher James' book notes a platinum toner for POP prints using citric acid and platinum solution (10g citric acid, 7-15 drops platinum solution in 1,000ml water). Could this same toner be used for argyrotypes?

I know that Loris has talked about palladium toners et al, but I was wondering if the above formula would work as well...and while I'm here...does anyone have a recipe for a palladium toner that would work for argyrotypes?

Thanks! Have a great Monday wherever you are...

Paul