To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: gum question

For stock gum/pigment solutions I do as you describe, in case of adding
pigment from tubes I use 1 part dichromate to 1 part of gum + the pigment.
(I tend to use strong pigments in small amounts, therefore I assume/accept
both working styles as being equivalent.) The pigment amnt, exposure time,
dichromate strength, development time/method all will change relative to
each other and most importantly to your goal for that particular layer.
It's not rocket science at all; just try to establish "the feel" by
experimenting (changing only one variable at a time) and good note taking.
Don't try to work by numbers only, it's counterproductive and boring
(you'll understand what I mean if you try to calibrate gum). Try to work
more like a painter, you'll see that it starts to  become (or, better, the
general direction of your working style will be) second nature after
some(!) experience. ;) (Not that I'm implying I have lots of
experience...)

27 Mayıs 2009, Çarşamba, 11:38 pm tarihinde, Paul Viapiano yazmış:
If I premix gum and pigment together, would I still use equal amounts of
that mixture and pot dich to make a 1:1 solution?

Do I need to account for the pigment being already mixed in there?

Thanks...

Paul