U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Ilford DW fiber base usable/suitable for gum printing

Ilford DW fiber base usable/suitable for gum printing

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Ilford DW fiber base usable/suitable for gum printing
  • From: Erie Patsellis <erie@shelbyvilledesign.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:59:34 -0500

In a rather serendipitous way, I've found myself with about 15 feet of 48" wide Ilford double weight fiberbase paper due to fogging on my huge roll.
Being a child of depression era parents, I'd hate to throw it out if I can fix it and use it for gum printing. Anybody do this successfully?

Since my full time employer and I have parted ways, I'm only doing freelance work and going to school full time. Oddly, I 'm working fewer hours and making more money as well, and now have time to pursue some of my interests again.

erie