U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Platine

Re: Platine

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Platine
  • From: eric nelson <emanphoto@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:38:56 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;bh=CQZEy/2Y5Dbc0WKwDa1fXtPMBYp4e4uZUuTVjrq8b0c=;b=bTtQcZCM3AotMy24SGVc5kn5+6LkjcV8DTgmKRNwr/NWfrCmPR9EBbPJTJrklFtbrd0mR44aV26nQmPp0OtNytVDLjt4dMVdBom7QrWT7jndfDKbJo9PthxSF58rFU1OqhKNy+YLm0ED8pFmNUTKNXjurQ+Fd9B/o+BZzVUkrYo=

Thanks for all the replies and COT 320 sounds like a the way to go and others have mentioned it to me in person.
One supplier had suggested doing a pre-coat of distilled water and once the paper no longer had a sheen, then apply the sensitizer.  Too crazy even for platinum.
I haven't checked the prices of COT 320 but wasting a day or 2 trying to make some other paper work is much more expensive as BOB pointed out, not to mention the years shaved off our lives from the frustration!
I've had years of successful printing w/Platine but that seems to no longer be the case.
Eric