To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 3:29 PM
Subject: RE: APIS! APIS?

Hi Loris,

Thanks for your comments!

Yes, I talked with Denise about the registration; she's making amazing prints! But she prints in small sizes, and the registration may be harder in larger sizes, even if I resize the negative for each layer. Anyway, a nice idea!

I'm not really looking for sharpness for the underlying inkjet print (the vdb will introduce the sharpness needed), only the color. At first I even printed mono or multicolored backgrounds independent from the image itself, only for the tone. And I don't mind the slightly colored or "glowing" edges due to the blurred underlying inkjet.

I wanted to make the contact printing frame sturdy enough, after having seen so many poorly constructed frames. I use it for smaller sizes, larger ones go to a vacuum frame.

- Jalo

V E D O S
Alternative Processes in Photography & Printmaking
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences
Faculty of Business and Culture Kankaanpää
Paasikivenkatu 24, Box 76
FI-38701 Kankaanpää
vedos@samk.fi
http://vedos.samk.fi