U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: VDB Color

Re: VDB Color

You might find this set of tests I did a few years back useful:

http://my.net-link.net/~jsmigiel/images/technical/toners/ vdb_test_11.28.05.jpg

As Don relates, the thiourea/gold toner is particularly good in terms of effect and cost. I use Clerc's gold toner formula which can also be found on the unblinkingeye.com site in Wynn White's VDB article.

IMHO, selenium toner is a poor choice for VDB and if used, must be diluted on the order of 1+500 or more.

Joe