From: Don Bryant [mailto:donsbryant@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:15 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: VDB Color

Loris,

Drop the selenium idea, if you're going to use ready made selenium toners
which incorporate ammonium thiosulfate that is...

I have to disagree with you here. KRST can be used to tone VDB if used
carefully. I can't recall the name of the photographer who turned me on to
this method but if the KRST is used in extremely dilute amounts VDBs and
kallitypes can be toned successfully, before or after fixing. It can also be
used in combination with gold toner to make beautiful tones. It's tricky but
can be done. The key is to experiment.

Start with 10 grams of KRST to 1 liter of  water. A more dilute solution
maybe called for. Some reduction may occur if so dilute further and try
again. One shot toning using about 30 or 40 ml per 8x10 sized paper.

Don Bryant