U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Poor man's negatives

Re: Poor man's negatives

hi judy,
it is high contrast? i remember reading somewhere that it is known for it's very long tonal scale, up to 18 steps or so. (i hope this is true, i didn't re-check it, because i don't remember where i read it). am i making a mistake here, connecting the number of steps with the contrast. a process with a long scale would need a contrastier neg than one with a short one, doesn't it? this is what i actually wanted to say: if my negs are fine for a process that needs a contrasty neg, they are most likely good enough for all processes.

nice to hear from you again. hope all is well.
i think i never thanked you for sending me that extra info on making carbon tissue. i'm sorry, i forgot. thanks a billion.

phritz