U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Tricolor Gum Question

Tricolor Gum Question

Dear List,
I made two tri-color gum prints from the same negs, with the same pigments and  the same paper, just a different order:
Normally i start with Yellow, Magenta and Cyan, and just repeat the process if i feel to do so.
When making this print, the Magenta didn't work for me, so i started with Magenta, followed by Cyan and Yellow.
I was astonished with the big difference.
The Y,M,C :

The M,C,Y :

Even several extra Magenta layers did not changed the result comparable to the M,C,Y one.
Just curious if the list had some experience in changing just the order of working.

Hope list is still alive ,
cheers,
Henk

www.thijs-foto.com