U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Cyanotype, please tell me when your done?

Cyanotype, please tell me when your done?

Hello all,

I've printed some cyanotypes, and developed them in a tray of water for 15 to 20 minutes. I do not change the water, I just agitate the tray or move the print face down in the water.
I let them dry for a complete day.

I measure the DMAX results with a densitometer on day 1 of completion, fine.

After a few more days that same exact DMAX has increased?
I suspect with oxidation?
Also the weather here in Australia is wet and humid, so the prints even after a day have not been fully bone dry.

What do you do when developing prints? How long do you wait to fully see that your print has reached a dark dmax?
Happy printing...
Jacek