U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: laser printer for diginegs

Re: laser printer for diginegs

davidhatton@totalise.co.uk wrote:

Hi all,

Well, my epson 1290 has bitten the dust, bought the farm, snuffed it, shook a seven..etc and not before time I'm thinking. The amount of ink wasted trying to clear blocked nozzles would probably have put several children through university! In its defence though I often left it for several weeks between prints. Which is why I'm considering a laser printer instead of an inkjet.

I was wondering if anyone uses a laser printer to make digital negs as I don't think these (laser printers) have the same problems with blocked nozzles if left idle for weeks. I'm loath to replace the 1290 with another expensive colour inkjet only to have it block up again. If so what do you print on and are there any special techniques needed? Thanks in advance for all your help,

Regards

Davidh

I know Jim Larimer makes B&W laser negatives for his gum dichromate and gum-oil work. I think he is a member of this list so you may get a response from him. I know that he is an active member of the Hybrid Photo Forum and has work posted in the galleries there. He also has a blog site that shows a lot of his work.
Dan Williams