RE: black fingernails, et al, was Re: Paper - baby oil Digi Negs
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: RE: black fingernails, et al, was Re: Paper - baby oil Digi Negs
- From: C.Breukel@lumc.nl
- Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 17:10:30 +0200
- Comments: alt-photo-process mailing list
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAIsdeRRYKtgRkfoAENz0NV7CgAAAEAAAAHhAY0T/zahJiMjSUk06VSEBAAAAAAemail@example.com>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com><Pine.NEB.firstname.lastname@example.org><40F1576E-CC1B-4FA8-80A9-2AB6EE669B4F@comcast.net><Pine.NEB.email@example.com><SNT119-W2856DB8A811F69DF4C9A1FB5F20@phx.gbl><64F4F081-3165-4290-AB78-D9D299DB82E2@net-link.net><!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAIsdeRRYKtgRkfoAENz0NV7CgAAAEAAAAHhAY0T/zahJiMjSUk06VSEBAAAAAAfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: Acop7hve7dKoT1ocQb6dcDGx6vPvsQAUjCWAADVkL/A=
- Thread-topic: black fingernails, et al, was Re: Paper - baby oil Digi Negs
Sorry to disappoint you on this, Bob
Anti-oxidants had the reputaion of preventing cancer, but (not so) recent research could not prove that, and most recent research actually showed that anti-oxidants (under certain coditions) at least in the lab when cultering human cells can even cause cancer..(recent Nature paper I recall)..
> -----Original Message-----
> From: BOB KISS [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: maandag 31 augustus 2009 15:43
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: RE: black fingernails, et al, was Re: Paper - baby oil Digi Negs
> DEAR JOSEPH,
> Actually, you and Grace are not far off. Many preservatives are
> anti-oxidants...you know...the stuff that keeps us young and prevents cancer.
> Some are fit for human consumption and some are not. BHT/BHA used to be
> Triscuits. As soon as they were found to be excellent anti-oxidants for
> humans (with no unhealthy side effects) they were replaced by something of
> more questionable health qualities. Go figure!
> From: Joseph Smigiel [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 11:49 PM
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: Re: black fingernails, et al, was Re: Paper - baby oil Digi Negs
> Steichen died two days short of 94.
> In "Eat Starch Mom" Grace Slick once crooned:
> "Preservatives might just be preserving you. I think that's something
> might have missed. Ya, you missed it...vegetable lover."
> On Aug 30, 2009, at 11:16 PM, JOHN ROSEBOROUGH wrote:
> Judy and list,
> Well let's see a quick search came up with this.
> Ansel died at 82
> Stieglitz also 82
> Edward Weston was 72
> Minor at 68
> I couldn't find the cause of death.
> Hummm - either I have 2 or 12 years to go.<g>
> Hope this helps
> John Roseborough
> > Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 21:20:44 -0400
> > From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> > Subject: black fingernails, et al, was Re: Paper - baby oil Digi Negs
> > To: email@example.com
> > On Sun, 30 Aug 2009, jefulton1 wrote:
> > > Okay, SOME people did this. I remember the 'famed' black fingernails
> > > Amidol users. HOwever, in y now forty
> > > years of working @ the San Francisco Art Institute in a department
> founded by
> > > Ansel and Minor.....
> > As I recall (OK, I don't really recall, but I SUSPECT !!) both Ansel
> > Minor died young-ish, even for that time. And I definitely do recall
> > I went to my first photography workshops in the 1980s, being told that
> > photographers had a 40% higher cancer rate than the population at
> > I don't know where that figure came from, but it was given as fact, and
> > never contradicted.
> > J.
> Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
> database 4384 (20090831) __________
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.