U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Trad Cyanotype ph levels?

Trad Cyanotype ph levels?

Hi all,

Doing some cyanotypes with a 3 bath (tap water) solution of a total of 10 mins. The last bath has Hydrogen peroxide 5ml in 1 litre of water.
I seem to keep getting intermitten results, sometimes mottling, grainy result!?
I want to rule out water as one of the factors and I'm trying to control each process.

I was wondering what sort of PH level I should have the water at?
Controlling the ph of the water, what do you use?

Other things, such as hard water, should I be wary off it? Should I be using distilled water?

Cheers
Jacek