From: Tomas Sobota [mailto:tom@sobota.net]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 10:59 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: haunted GUM (i surrender)

Yes! Now that Christine and Loris mentioned it, I remember once using paper that I had coated with gelatine but not hardened (it was paper originally meant for oilprint). I forgot that it was not hardened and made a gum on it. The result was more or less the same as Phritz gets. All black.

Some papers can be used without sizing at all, but it seems to me that coating with gelatine and 'not' hardening doesn't work.

Tom Sobota