U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: haunted GUM (i surrender)

Re: haunted GUM (i surrender)

Ok, maybe you both are right and sized but unhardened paper works, I don't know. The fact that I was using paper intended for oilprints probably makes a difference: it had three very heavy coats of gelatin.
Also, using colder water might make a difference also. With warmer water some pigment will possibly get in the softened gelatin, which will be later hardened by the dichromate, with the pigment still in.
Tom