One more vendor for Gamblin PVA:

http://www.dickblick.com/products/gamblin-pva-sizing/

-francis

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 8:55 AM, John Brewer <john@johnbrewerphotography.com> wrote:
Is this the stuff Marek? I'm very interested to try this.
http://www.utrechtart.com/dsp_view_product.cfm?item=57707

John.

-----Original Message-----
From: phritz phantom [mailto:phritz-phantom@web.de]
Sent: 10 October 2009 13:36
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Miracle size for gum

hi marek,
does it really say "pv alcohol" on the bottle, not "pv acetate"?
i found the data sheet on the gamlin site yesterday and there it says:
"Product: Poly Vinyl Acetate (PVA) Glue
Chemical name: Ethylene/Vinyl Acetate Copolymer"

http://www.gamblincolors.com/msds/pdf/drying_oils/msds_PVA.pdf

what i've learnt on the substances so far (i think mostly from a post
from katharine thayer on apug), is that pv-alcohol is basically a simple
glue and not waterproof and pv-acetat is insoluble in water and the
better size.

regards
phritz