U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: was Miracle size for gum now tonal range

Re: was Miracle size for gum now tonal range

Well you know, between you and Marek, you're both making me want to do 1-3 minute exposures :)

I agree, too, cyanotype is verrrry slow but I like the smoother tones with the less A used. It's funny, because all this talk of gum devils and whatnot, I find gum very easy and I find cyanotype a devil...I have more anomalies with that darn process....
Chris

Loris said:

BTW my exposure times aren't that long, 3 - 5 minutes with 5% AD under
UVBL light and Pictorico (old original stock, not new stuff) media.
For comparison, my standard exposure time (using the same
transparency) is 6:30 for 2A(20%)+1B(8%) trad. cyanotype and 16:30 for
1A(25%)+1B(12%) trad. cyanotype. (As a side note: I like the darker
tones I'm able to get with the new-to-me formulation but the printing
times are annoyingly long as you can see above...)