U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Other PVAc primers/sealers. LIQUITEX CLEAR GESSO

Re: Other PVAc primers/sealers. LIQUITEX CLEAR GESSO

There have been many posts re acrylic gesso (plus pumice or calcium carb) for gum when using on wood panels or aluminum...but not for paper as far as I know...

----- Original Message ----- From: "phritz phantom" <phritz-phantom@web.de>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: Other PVAc primers/sealers. LIQUITEX CLEAR GESSO

quick question before i send out my order for the caparol ground:
did anyone ever try the liquitex clear gesso (not the normal white one)?
i can't find any info on its ingredients, not even in the datasheet. the normal gesso is labelled as "acrylic" in the datasheet, so i'd guess that the clear gesso is based on a different substance. i guess they want to keep it secret.
i'm tempted to add this to my order. does anyone have experiences with this stuff and gum printing?
just so i don't waste money on something that's already known as non-working.

phritz