U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: for Jeremy and all - everclear source

Re: for Jeremy and all - everclear source

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: for Jeremy and all - everclear source
  • From: Dan Corsillo <dan_corsillo@rogers.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:54:16 -0400
  • Comments: alt-photo-process mailing list
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=rogers.com;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:Date:From:User-Agent:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;b=M9px51OtYrpmMaQ/Wd2NVnoUF+HWwWm9pahqMKyxhichYxU2QVYMKdpijvmk6a81CiA+HzcLYaIk+SgdeM8MiiLISX17WIDjE6mzI8TBbDgbIXsF/3iHgtOLeKZaIM6L3pVM31fhcGx8Rd5x/DihKfGh0MoprC31+aPHIuIm8rk= ;

You might try seeing if your pharmacy or chemical supply house (i. e. Alfa) has 90% denatured alcohol (ethanol) if you can't get everclear in your state. Most scientific labs stock what they call "absolute alcohol" for cleaning and disinfecting lab apparatus.

Here's a link: http://www.fishersci.com/wps/portal/HOME and search for ethanol.

There'll be a long list ranging from 20 proof to 200 proof and of various grades from "reagent" least expensive to "analytical" highest purity. Note this stuff is denatured by the addition of other alcohols so it is not suitable for drinking.

Hope that helps

dan jones wrote:
all
i use everclear 190 proof for wet plate ...you are correct that you can't buy the 190 proof in many states, and you can't carry it on a plane
... but these guys will ship it to you...

http://www.winechateau.com/main.asp?request=SEARCH&;