To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 11:28 PM
Subject: RE: Scanner recommendations?

I'm planning to purchase a V700 soon, to be able to make good quality scans
from (again planned purchase) Bessa III 667 MF folder camera. The reviews
about the scanner are very favourable; I remember reading that results are
in par with dedicated 4000dpi Nikon film scanner. (I find hard to believe
that! OTOH, with 6x7 negatives it isn't that much important since I won't be
needing a performance above 2800-3000dpi at all...)

I don't need full version SilverFast (since I use/prefer Vuescan) and the
anti-glare glass (since I will be scanning - relatively - low DR negatives,
not high DR positives) features of V750, BTW.