U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: New home for list needed.

Re: New home for list needed.

Hi Gordon,

sorry to hear about you losing your job, hope you find a great new
position soon! A big THANK YOU! for the work done on this list.

A new home: as some already coined: yahoo or any other service could be an
option.

Otherwise: I have a unix server (FreeBSD) running at home, it hosts a
friends and mine website. It would, technically speaking, be no big deal
to install and setup majordomo as listserver.

Depends only a bit on the traffic generated as I have a consumer ADSL
(20/1.5 mbps) link, the hardware is not redundant and could be down due to
power outages, my ISP has a fair use policy on amount of data send/receive
(way up somewhere in the Gigabytes/Month)

Can you disclose the number of subscribers, just the number, I could do
some calc's if it fits within the limitations I have.

Huib