U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: New home for list needed-a Case Against Yahoo

Re: New home for list needed-a Case Against Yahoo

What a conspiracy theory! (And misinformation.) Would you please take
the trouble to read the following?

Yahoo Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy:
http://info.yahoo.com/copyright/us/details.html

Yahoo! Terms of Service:
http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/utos-173.html

1. No one is obliged to use the web interface, subscribers who wish so
may just stay with the usual email style (with options such as daily
digest if they like)... That's the whole point of suggesting those
services. I don't like web-only forums too.
2. The achives won't (and can't) be transferred to the new established
list. OTOH, somebody may have already done that already, by
automatically forwarding messages to another list / group. I remember
seeing our messages in irrelevant sites... So, that's a moot point.
3. You own the copyright of the content you provide. (See the first link.)

Anyway, I'm more interested in the continuation of the list (and to
learn and to share), so I'll be there wherever the list gets migrated.