U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Disappearing Photography Resources we can help

Re: Disappearing Photography Resources we can help

Don,
You shark, you....

I found a lot of my ancient gum books through abebooks.com and not for very much money.  I also was shocked to find for FREE the ability to download the old German journals (I think it is Photographische Rundschau) from early 1890's.  (But of course then I had to find someone to translate for me, and since I never got any grants to do so that I applied for, at my own expense.)

So though Google is becoming a "big brother" of sorts, there are benefits to it, too. Exciting benefits such as this!

The way things are going economically and in book publication it is certainly a challenging time and one that calls for careful strategy.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson