U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: How large without a preshrink?

Re: How large without a preshrink?

I agree, Jeremy,
preshrinking does not take that much time.  I just do a bathtub full at any old time and then always have that step done. It's the sizing that is the PITA.  In fact, it is much easier to preshrink the 8x10's because they are small and hang nicely.  If I lose prints to any one thing, it is not color or overexposure or whatnot, it is always misregistration.  If I can't get it to work by wetting the back of the print with a damp sponge until the image fits the negative, I rip the print in half and toss it so I am not tempted to keep fooling with it.  ARGGHHH.  Almost makes me want to do the affix-to-aluminum process but I don't have a home dry mount press nor a big sink.
Chris
Christina Z. Anderson