U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | A source

A source

I subscribe to Cool Tools, a specialized list reserved for just a few and started by Kevin Kelley who started Wired magazine. Here they mentioned in this last list a place to buy chemicals in small quantities . . I just popped in onto our listserve and didn't research as to whether it has been mentioned prior, so I'll apologize if we all know about it.
Hope you all, who celebrate such things, had a nice Thanksgiving.
Jack F

Best source for chemicals
Elemental Scientific

This is the best source for buying small quantities of chemicals -- always a challenge in these days of chemical hysteria. Elemental Scientific will sell to individuals, online, with no paperwork or license needed. They have a very respectable selection of about 300 reagents and compounds. More than enough for most educational purposes, or for most basement experiments. You can purchase all kinds of acids, corrosives, poisons, explosives and dangerous stuff that you can not get elsewhere -- but only in small quantities. That's fine, because a small amount is often all you want for doing experiments, and many chemical supply outfits will sell only larger quantities if they sell to you at all. Elemental also offers glassware, lab equipment, and general experimental paraphernalia. They cater to homeschoolers and hobby experimentalists. If you've ever tried to buy chemicals elsewhere you'll recognize what an incredible resource this place is. Most chemicals will be shipped UPS, but a short list of 18 especially hazardous chemicals need extra hazmat protection, which is an added charge.

-- KK

Elemental Scientific
http://www.elementalscientific.net/