[Alt-photo-process-list] Re: Few points about the new list...

Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 4 19:24:44 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Loris Medici" <mail at loris.medici.name>
To: <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org>
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 7:22 AM
Subject: [Alt-photo-process-list] Few points about the new
list...

> Hi Gord,
>
> 1. Some messages (more than 50%) have a small .txt
> attachment which is
> annoying. It's probably due people posting in .html
> format. Can't we set the
> list to only accept text messages? (Or better,
> automatically change the
> format the messages to .txt.)
>
> 2. Can't we drop:
>    a. The list prefix "[Alt-photo-process-list]" from
> message subjects?
> (That will present more information to the user - on the
> mail header view
> screen in the mail client.)
>    b. The constant signature/suffix in the bottom of
> messages? (It's an
> extra burden to clear it and also it's a useless overhead
> in the message
> body.)
>
> Regards,
> Loris.

    I am not in favor of dropping the prefix, I use it for
filtering the messages. I set up a filter using Gordon's
first message and it works perfectly. I could set up a
filter based on something else in the header but this works
so smoothly that I would prefer that we keep it. I belong to
several other mailing lists and all have this kind of prefix
added to the subject field.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA