[Alt-photo-process-list] Re: Few points about the new list...

Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 4 19:29:54 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kees Brandenburg" <ctb at zeelandnet.nl>
To: <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org>
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 8:09 AM
Subject: [Alt-photo-process-list] Re: Few points about the
new list...

> Hi Loris,
>
> 1. I'll look into that. But I'm not seeing any .txt
> attachments here. What mail client do you use?
> 2. Both can be changed or removed but a (simpler) footer
> makes it much easier to unsubscribe.
>
> regards,
>
> Kees

     I am using OE. Its set to display HTML on received
messages but to send in plain text only. I don't see text as
attachments but I think if it were set to display text only
it would show this. Plain text used to be a defacto standard
for e-mail but that was when the majority of users were on
slow connections. Now, especially in Europe, everyone is on
high speed connections so the larger messages caused by HTML
are of less concequence. An HTML message just about triples
the size of a message. I am still on a dial up (have to
change that) but its fast enough so that I am not bothered
by HTML. Some of the strange typography one sees sometimes
can be annoying.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA