[alt-photo] Re: epson c88 & ultrafine inkjet transparency

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Thu Dec 10 07:56:20 GMT 2009

I use a similar approach with my HP 9180B because it has troubles in
detecting the media. It was working OK at the beginning (correct detection,
no feeding problems) then started to refuse the sheet (was giving me "no
paper" error), probably because the photocell sensor has lost some
sensitivity due dust/dirt accumulation... Anyway, I now use a same sized
sheet of 200micron (~ 8mil) Yupo under the transparency media and it works
flawlessly. I don't tape the transparency to Yupo since the static (and
friction) is enough to keep them together.

Regards,
Loris.